OLDMELDRUM GOLF CLUB ON COURSE RISK HIGHLIGHTER
THE CLUB’S COMPREHENSIVE RISK ASSESSMENT IS AVAILABLE IN THE CLUBHOUSE AND ON THE CLUBS WEBSITE. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT ALL MEMBERS READ THE COMPREHENSIVE VERSION.
IF ANY DOUBT EXISTS AS TO ANY ASSESSED RISK AND SOLUTIONS TO IDENTIFIED RISKS THEN THESE ARE TO BE CONVEYED TO THE CLUB OFFICE FOR CLARIFICATION.
1. Be aware of the behaviour of other golfers and their place on the course. Do not play a shot until you are sure there is minimum risk of your ball hitting any other person particularly if you are hitting towards an area hidden from your view. Always shout “FORE” if you hit a wayward shot.
2. Many bunkers have steeply sloping sides. The risk of slipping on these slopes is high. Always enter and leave from the lowest point and never take trolleys on to these slopes.
3. Many tees have sloping sides. To avoid risk of slipping and skidding do not take trolleys on to slopes surrounding tees. Access and egress should be by the designated access
4. In wet conditions many slopes are very slippery. It is essential that footwear designed for golf is worn at all times.
5. There are ponds containing deep water. All have steeply sloping sides and are designated as water hazards. No trolleys are to be taken on the pond side of the hazard posts.
6. Directional notices are in place on the course, Deviation from indicated directions will be at the entire risk and responsibility on the individual.
7. The Head Green keeper or delegate is responsible for deciding if buggies can be used on the course if conditions are wet. His/her decision will be relayed to the Professional’s shop.
8. Any accidents occurring on the course are to be reported immediately to the Club Office or if the office is not attended, to the Professional Shop.